What did I just eat?
So my new motto is… just eat don’t ask…..or I might not eat it. My first lunch they had this meat thing that looked liked sausage. I did not want to be rude ..so I put a couple on my plate and they were delicious..turns out it was octopus. Also I ate squid for the first time… it tasted like jerky but it made me feel sick…so not a big fan of that. Food here is so different but I am enjoying it. I ate McDonalds yesterday and it made me feel sick….afterward I thought to myself…same old McDonalds always makes you feel fat and sick. Probably will stay away from that place.
Mudfest
I haven’t even had time to walk around my city yet but decided to go to this festive Mudfest. I never heard of it but it was a great chance to meet people and get out. Yea, I know I am already getting out (hence leaving America) but it is a different kind of out! So as we are walking to the subway I spy: McDonalds , Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, Outback, Starbucks, Baskin and Robins ….etc. I was dumbfounded to see all of the American restaurants…who would have thought. Any who, we walk to the bus that is going to take us to the festival which is about 3 hours away. I was so flabbergasted to see all the stores and lights…it was awesome. I will go take some pictures soon. So the bus is packed with foreigners (Americans, Canadians and others alike) It was weird to see that many white people in one place. It’s also weird to be called a foreigner. On the bus were all kinds of people and when they asked how long I had been in Korea.. it was awesome to see their faces when I told them that this was my third day!!! Apparently, I work fast (that’s what she said) I just got lucky (that’s also what she said) and had a friendly neighbor that invited me to go! There is so much stuff my mind wants to say but can’t….maybe I should video blog….in the future be warned! The bus ride was quite humorous because people brought alcohol on the bus and then they had to pee extremely bad. I really thought they were going to pee on me…..the Korean bus driver did not speak a bit of English but kept speaking to a bus full of English people in Korean….no one knows what he was saying and I don’t think I will ever know….all I know is I didn’t care as long as we got there and had fun…and didn’t get peed on. So at mudfest people just played in mud and got dirty….mud wrestling was awesome and then once your mud dried …you rinse in the ocean and repeat the mud process….. The ocean was a bit nippy…so after having drinks and getting muddy we went to a Sauna….Korean people just stare with no regards….it is somewhat awkward but I was in a good state of mind after a few beers …The sauna was actually really awesome…there were about 4 to 6 bath pools….one was a salt water bath, fresh water bath, mud bath, cool bath, mud bath and a huge sauna….it was so relaxing and very different...People go to Sauna’s a lot here….it was definitely unique …plus it was like 3 dollars…..so after the Sauna ….more drinking and meeting new people….the room we slept in was in a basement and it was a church……(let’s put drunk people in church to sleep because they need Jesus…..lol) So about 100 people all slept on a thin pad thing with a tiny pillow and thin sheet….it was pretty awesome! People snored and talked in their sleep…by people talking in their sleep I mean me….I will do a video reenactment later! OK I am tired of writing…I had more fun went home and went to bed….wow what a lame ending …I felt like I was building up to something but can’ t remember….until next time
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You crack me up!
ReplyDelete"Korean people just stare with no regards...."
ReplyDeletehahahah!!!