Disclaimer--You might pee on the floor...not from laughing but from drinking to much water....what does that even mean?????? I don't know.... go look it up in the dictionary....lol...tell me what you find!
Shopping in Korea…..is kind of like going to the zoo. Sometimes you never know what the heck anything is…..other times your so astonished by all the animals, smells and freaky crap…..(stop). I don’t know where I am going with this….so I am stopping….anyways we went to Costco last week…speaking of overwhelming….I just get so overwhelmed…trying to figure what I want to buy…..is this meat?…what kind of meat….I hope it’s beef….do you think it’s beef….what if it’s dog….all of this is going through my mind….I felt so crazy…well sometimes I am crazy…..if this isn’t enough….I get the stare down from everyone….I think they’re thinking “Look at the weird American….what does he want… is he buying Dog?…..heheheheh” …I really felt insane….ppl were staring at me and I was talking to myself…...oh and if that isn’t enough….people just cough in your face…yea COUGH in MY FACE….this is normal here….I am teaching my students to COVER THEIR FREAKING MOUTHS WHEN THEY COUGH….ughhh…sorry for yelling…but that is how people get STD’s….I mean Swine Flu……ahahha….they wonder why everyone is sick all the time…well if you cover your mouth when something fly’s out of it …..then the world would be a better place…Yesterday, we were walking down the street and an old lady coughed in my face I screamed and covered my mouth…..Jerk…(I really wanted to think something else if you know what I mean)…..if they won’t cover their mouth…then I will cover mine…I swear if I get swine flu and die I will Hunt that old hag…….wow…I just got on a rant about that….now that it is off my chest I can tell you how great Korea is…lol…I really enjoy it so far!!!! Except for the coughing in my face all the time…and the staring/pointing…..I even had some boys point at me in the restroom while I was peeing….speaking of awkward….I told them to take a picture….the best thing about Korea is that you can say the most ridiculous things and no one will understand you….I LOVE IT!!!! I told the cab driver that my neighbor had AIDS….yea…it’s a inside joke….because when we first got here…they asked us if we had AIDS…first of all, if I had AIDS I wouldn’t be in Korea...2nd I gave AIDS up for lent…j/k …AIDS isn’t something to joke about…sorry Kevin Watson… j/k just because someone is gay doesn’t mean they have AIDS…you first have to get HIV…then it turns into AIDS..Ok….moving along……..
Sorry for waiting so long to blog! I have so much to write…ughhh……At Costco I bought a glow in the dark basketball, football, and soccer ball….glow in the dark!!! Every night when I turn my lights off it freaks me out!!! Then again I can always find my balls (that’s what she said)…I am so sorry you had to read that……
So two Saturdays ago I met up with my friend Kaju from Huntsville!!!!! She showed me around town and was the best host ever!! We saw a Play/show called Cookin’…it was awesome…..I don’t want elaborate so boo you.
Yesterday, we took the bus….my great idea was to jump off the bus running and screaming ….I was the only loon to follow through and looked pretty insane….it’s cool…. people think I am insane anyways….
Oh…yea my cell phone story…quite entertaining….Ok so I got a cell phone….good story…huh?...You just got screwed…..I know that’s what I felt like trying to get a cell phone ….I walked in to a random store and asked if they spoke English…of course they didn’t…boo….but the girl insisted that she could help….I thought…this is scary because in America they would bend me over backwards and screw me so hard my butt would bleed….(sorry for the graphic imagine…it felt necessary) …but seriously days of bleeding in Korea is no fun…I don’t know because I am not a girl….(way to soon) Ok so back to Cell phone…I found a good looking phone and they wrote down a price of 90,000 won….I made a ridiculous face and laughed….they marked it out…..and wrote 50,000 won….I maintained my poker face….which is a cute/innocent/honest face….(while thinking…I am going to get you before you get me sucker!!) So with my poker face …I asked questions in English and they looked puzzled…..they asked questions in Korean….I looked puzzled…..We sat for a while just talking back and forth while no one understood….we all looked puzzled….it is quite funny looking back now…. ….why did I sit there….I don’t know….I wanted a cell phone…finally the sales person called a translator…Thank you JESUS!!! So, I talked to the translator and told her everything I wanted….which was CHEAP CHEAP AND MORE CHEAP…..well cell service here is cheap anyways!!! We had to call the translator back about 4 times….finally after 3 hours of talking AT each other….I got a cell phone…..and as I sat there waiting…. the cell phone girl (that is what she will be called) wrote down her name and cell phone number and told me to come back Saturday at 7:00 pm….I said ok…Do I have to wait until Saturday to pick up my phone….she laughed and said no…I was so confused but said ok…she then gave me a free cell phone case and a plastic protector..and some other stuff….I thought to myself…awesome!!! Well, I asked again about why I needed to come back Saturday and she said yes…I was so confused…I had asked a question not a statement….darn…..so as I was walking away…I realized that is what time she must have gotten off….I realized I had a date for Saturday…..I was laughing so hard…(that’s what she said) but really that is funny….well I didn’t go because I stayed out until 10:30 am the morning of Saturday and slept until 6:30 pm….and forgot about the date……I probably would not have been charming anyway…..and plus what would we do….just stare at each other the whole time…we couldn’t have a conversation….lol….ok so that is my story…I promise to blog every Friday… Until my next adventure!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
dear matt weaver... I've had a bottle of wine and this blog is making me irratiionally happy. I love you, and when you come bakc.... if they haven't made you into soup... we shall be wed ( fake wed of course... obciously)... i especially enjoyed he part about AIDS and kevins honorable mention. be safe! don't eat dog! word to your mother. and such. truth. :)
ReplyDelete