Monday, January 18, 2010

My students

These are videos my students created during winter camp.

I let my students create videos based on anything they wanted. The students wrote out the scripts, staged the scenes, and even edited the videos on my computer.

Here is the first one Aladdin.....or Aladin (The Korean version with a 9mm)
My first graders (6th/7th graders in the U.S.) created this video.




This video is the Korean view on Romeo and Juliet.
These are my 2nd graders (7th/8th graders in the U.S.)



No, I did not spend the entire class time working on these. They were so excited about the videos that they worked on the them after school! I was so impressed! Remember, I had no creative input at all!!! A speaking role was given to me at the last second. I'm definitely not winning an Oscar for that one. I didn't know they went outside and were filming gun scenes....I guess if no one complains then it's okay. We watched the videos in class and I was shocked to see the gun scene. Which happened to take place outside of the principal's office, thank goodness he was not at school. All of the videos turned out to be really violent with death and guns....I was really horrified.

This next video is Flower Man. It's a Korean TV show. I didn't understand at all what these girls were doing....but it turned out interesting. They had a blast. I learned that I should have certain criteria and guidelines for the students to follow. Korean culture and American culture are soooooo different. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment