Sunday, December 6, 2009

Long time no see.

Sorry it has been two weeks since my last blog. I have been keeping busy doing random things. I write my blogs during work because I have a lot of downtime but the past two weeks I have been busy grading essays. I have graded over 150 papers. That doesn’t sound like a lot but most of my students do not make any sense when they write and it can take me 5-10 minutes to fix an essay. I actually secretly enjoy grading them because it keeps me busy.

All of the teachers at my middle school share one big office, so there are 40 + teachers in one office. I feel like everyone is always watching me, probably because they are. I sit by the English interns so I have four girls that surround me. They are so much fun; they tell me I talk too much and that I embarrass them. They are so worried what the other teachers think. I don’t care if people think I’m crazy….how do I embarrass them? Well, I play music through my head phones and accidentally sing along. I like to dance and try to get them to dance with me. I refuse to sit still at my desk the whole day. I get so bored and just start playing around. I am always making jokes and asking inappropriate questions. Actually, I just made a joke about them being racist. I actually thought about it for a second and realized that I am actually discriminated against sometimes. My attitude towards minorities has definitely changed.

My whole life I have always been surround by girls but these days I have more guy friends then girls. I also do not have any gay friends, which is also weird because being a music major I have lots of gay friends back home. I really like having gay friends because when I do something gay I can usually make a gay joke/reference so I don’t look so gay….now, I just look gay.

The other day I ordered food at a restaurant and it taking forever I said “Did they go to China?” I don’t think that phrase works in Korea because China is actually pretty close.

My students have been teaching me bad words to say in Korean which can be dangerous. Here are some stupid things I have done in the past week, I am sure there are a lot more I just can’t remember now……The other day I was walking and a lady ran into me. I said “Thank you” in Korean. I wanted to say sorry but I panicked. She looked at me so confused and I just ran away. I felt so stupid. This past Friday after a night out drinking/ dancing I took a cab home. The cab was fine until I went to get out and instead of saying “Thank you, goodbye.” I said “Thank you, STUPID/IDIOT.” Sometimes I should not be allowed to talk. The cab driver looked like he wanted to run me over….I just ran away. I blame my bad students.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy have I had some language mishaps in my day. We'll chat one day and I'll tell how perverted and strange the French think I am...but I swear it's only by accident!!

    ReplyDelete